Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tupelo, Mississippi

Tuesday was a busy day for us.  After breakfast Jim was outside cleaning bugs off the truck and rig.  I stripped the bed and started doing laundry before I even got dressed. Boo has been needing a grooming for weeks so Jim found a local place and they said bring him in!  So we did.

After dropping him off we headed downtown to see the sights

This old courthouse was lovely and dotted about on the grounds were monuments to various groups.  The main one CSA was a huge thing that defied my camera, it was just to tall.  We strolled up and down the main street but honestly there wasn't much to see.  We did stop in at the hardware store where Mrs Presley bought her son his first guitar.  The store was awesome!  We like old stores like this. One of the guys was just dying to tell us all about Elvis but we didn't stop to hear his story.

Since we were being tourists and killing time before lunch we drove out to see THE house where Elvis was born.  Didn't go in but Jim had to take a picture

Quite small but we can live in small spaces now.  After that drive by we headed out to Elvis Presley Lake and campground.  What a lovely drive!  Of course the Autumn colors are beautiful but the drive to the campground was on a winding road and it's hilly here.  We passed some homes in a rural setting and finally reached our destination.  The campground is small and there were a couple sites we could fit in, but mostly it's an older one suitable for travel trailers and small pop ups.  No sewer hook ups.  As we were tooling around seeing the sights we got the call that Boo was ready.  So we headed back into town to pick him up.  He looks ever so much better!  

After dropping Boo off at home we headed out again...we were already dressed nicely so we headed to Vanelli's, for lunch.  We were told they had good pizza.  And they do!  I also ordered a Greek Salad and we both loved it.  Loaded with cucumbers, tomatoes, olives, onions, green peppers and dressed with olive oil and lemon juice....Yummy!  Of course we had to wash it down with a beer....

Back home after lunch we just relaxed...well one of us did, I still had some laundry to take care of and a bed to make.  We sat outside enjoying this lovely weather

Boo also got a new halter with bling!  Doesn't he look handsome?

We took a walk around the campground and I took pictures of the decorations and plantings

In the field next door we have a blue eyed horse

We had leftover pizza for dinner and since it's Tuesday it was CBS and NCIS for TV<<

I love the cool starts we're having for our days.  Yesterday was beautiful and I did turn on the fireplace to take the chill out of the air.  My phone was dead again...can't figure out why it does that.  When I go to bed I turn it off with a full charge.

Jim slept in but once he was up I got busy making the bed and throwing a load of laundry in the washer.  Breakfast dishes done and I defrosted the freezer.  After lunch we made a trip to Sam's Club.  Dinner was soup and salad...

Our evening was spent watching Son's of Guns and Mythbusters followed by CSI
Posted by Picasa