Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Mexico again

Our movie, the Golden Compass was fun to watch. But I wonder at the ending, do you think there will be another one?

After the movie we called it a day and went to bed. I slept well with a window cracked open but getting up to a cold house is not my idea of fun. Our temperatures have been getting down into the low 50's, high 40's. But the days have been glorious. Sunshine and temperatures in the lower 80's upper 70's.

Yesterday morning we did our normal routine and watched the Inauguration on TV. We had to leave for an appointment in Nuevo Progresso about 1030. The drive over was easy and we arrived in time to see our new president being sworn in. Of course it was on Spanish TV so I had to listen to the commentators and could barely hear the English. No matter, it was a beautiful day in DC and the ceremony was great to see.

AfterJim was done with the dentist we had lunch at the Red Snapper. 20 bucks and that includes 2 for 1 drinks. We strolled back to the border, looking but not buying anything and soon we were on our way west.

We made some stops on the way home, first to have some rugs made for our rig, then PetsMart for Boo Food, then the post office to mail a couple books. I also got some stamps with 1957 cars on them, too cool!

Soon we were home and we changed into relaxing clothes. Jim headed out on his bike and I caught up on my emails. Some coffee and life is good!

dinner was leftover chicken, macaroni salad and steamed carrots, cauliflower and edamame. Quite Tasty!

TV viewing included Leverage and Bones. We stayed up late! but soon we were snug in our bed and sleeping. Another cool night and sleeping with a window cracked.

I didn't get up until 20 minutes to 8....that's late for me. It was chilly inside and the furnace warmed us up in no time. Jim was up around 0900. We done chores around the house today, Jim outside me inside.

I'm catching up on my soaps and Jim is putting the kayak together with the help of Scotty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!