Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Shopping with my Honey

I didn't get up until 0800 this morning! One good thing about this cold weather we're having....it makes for good sleeping. After I made my coffee I woke Jim.

I had breakfast then started on my chores. Today was bed day and I started by stripping the bed and getting the sheets washed. I also did the dishes.

Yesterday when we returned from our outing Jim had mentioned he forgot to shop for a long sleeved shirt. So today I suggested we head out to the Outlet Mall. I figured we might be able to find something out there and it would get us out of the house. This nasty, cold weather is driving us all nuts!

We headed out around 1030. Wandering around the mall wasn't as cold as I thought it would be. But we took advantage of the heated stores and kept warm enough. We found a salt mill for me at a kitchen store. Jim found a shirt but didn't find a hat like he wanted.

You know what happens when you walk around in the cold air? You get hungry!! So we popped into Chili's for the two for one dinner. Jim had ribs and I chose shrimp taco's. Our appetiser was onion strings and for dessert we (Jim chose it!) had cheesecake and I must say I made a pig of myself!!! I can't remember the last time I had that much cheesecake...

On the way back to the resort we stopped at Starbuck's on 10th Street and I bought a ceramic travel mug. Then we wandered into Chico's to see what I couldn't live without....but alas, they didn't have anything I wanted...

Next stop was Home Depot to pick up some potting soil. I have a couple pepper plants that need some space to grow in. Since another freeze is predicted I don't wont to put them in the ground. Our next stop was an RV place whose name escapes me, but Jim needed some light bulbs for out interior lights. Then home!

As we were getting close Jim got a call from Ed Dray...I only heard half the conversation but I gather Ed ordered a new bed cover for his truck and it's like the one we have. :) I also heard South Padre mentioned, it needs to warm up for that!

Once home we changed into our comfortable clothes and had some coffee, played some games and watched TV. I finished up washing the bedding and with Jim's help we have clean sheets to sleep on tonight.

No dinner for us! Jim had some toast and I had some broth with veggies and mushrooms. We watched NCIS and the NCIS show that followed and now I'm watching Chopped on the Food Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!