Pages

Monday, January 4, 2010

another dreary day

I was up at 0645 yesterday and it's cold and dark at that hour! I tried to go back to sleep but couldn't, my brain was active and I couldn't shut it down. So I fixed my coffee and enjoyed the quiet.

Jim got up around 0800 and after breakfast, dishes and bed making I invited him to walk with me around the resort, to my surprise he said yes! So we gathered up Boo, dressed warmly and headed out. Just what we needed to do on this overcast morning. Not to many people were out but we greeted the few that braved the chilly air.

Back home we settled in to watch movies all day. I did take a break after lunch to go shopping with Anne. We both needed a couple items and found what we needed at Walmart in Pinitas. I even found a three dollar hat that should I lose it won't be a big loss!

Anne and I also planned our dinner. She made a meat loaf and mashed potatoes, while I made corn muffins, gravy and steamed veggies. She also had some cole slaw that we enjoyed. We enjoyed a glass of wine and some conversation with our meal.

Once home I showered and then did up our dishes. The rest of the evening we watched more movies! Jim squeezed in a quick shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!