Pages

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Honey Butter

Do you like honey butter?  On toast it's wonderful but on biscuits?  Oh My! I can't remember the last time I had any.  I remember having biscuits dripping with butter and honey when I visited my friend Faye who lived across the street...her mom made the best biscuits!!  If I recall correctly, Mrs Stephenson was from Kentucky and cooked everything from scratch. She even boiled her laundry out back....

But buying it seemed silly since it's so easy to make. I just never got around to making any, until today.

Whipped Honey Butter

Preparation Time - 5 minutes

Ingredients

1/2 cup (one stick) softened Butter
1/4 cup Honey
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon (optional)

Directions

Use butter at room temperature or slightly soften the butter before whipping.
Add all ingredients into a bowl and whip with electric hand mixers (or for a non-electric alternative you can use Rotary Beaters) until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Store in the fridge, but place at room temperature to soften before eating.

If you make this, let me know how you enjoyed it....


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!