Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

DIY Sunburn Relief Cream Recipe


I've gone oily! I recently started delving into the world of Young Living essential oils, and I'm totally hooked.  I diffuse oils daily and Jim and I enjoy the wonderful aromas that waft though the house.  Some help with mood, some help with allergies.  Some are just because they smell good and lift my spirits!  

I'm learning more and more about how essential oils can help with energy, hormonal balance, allergies, and so much more. This is going to be a fun adventure!  I hope you'll join me, Live Younger with Linda on Facebook! 

DIY Sunburn Relief Cream Recipe

2 tbsp coconut oil 
15 drops lavender essential oil 
15 drops Valor essential oil blend 

Directions:

1. Stir essential oils into the coconut oil (if it’s too solid, you might need to gently warm it up first).

2. Apply a light layer to affected areas for sunburn relief 3-6 times daily as needed.

Why these ingredients?

Coconut oil: This is one of my favorite moisturizing oils and it seems to work especially well for sunburn relief. It’s the perfect carrier oil for the essential oils used in this recipe.

Lavender essential oil: Lavender oil is the go-to oil for first degree burns like sunburn. It’s a very calming oil–perfect for an aggravated sunburn. 

Valor essential oil blend: Valor is a special blend that contains essential oils that promote healing and relieve pain, like frankincense, rosewood, blue tansy and spruce.

To purchase any oils, click here and if you want more information you can always email me

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!