Pages

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Vegas Baby!

Yesterday was another busy day! I was up at 0530 due to noisy neighbors making Boo bark who woke me! No matter I got to see the sun come up over the mountain and you know what? You can get a lot done around the house when you get up that early.

Even Jim was up early, 0730 well that's early for him! :) I stripped the bed and started doing laundry. We had breakfast and then Jim took me to Whole Foods Market in Henderson, Nevada. As anyone who knows me, it's my favorite grocery store and I can't remember the last time I was in one.

Once home we had some lunch and then picked up Anne and Scotty. Then we drove into Las Vegas. There's a mountain west of here that has snow on top. Pretty to see, but not able to get pictures due to haze and distance.

I only took one picture of the Hard Rock Cafe. There were loads of picture opportunities but then I'd have missed the sights! The sidewalks were crawling with humanity and I can't imagine getting out and walking around.

We did see a couple members of Kiss, Elvis and Superman and Batman. I assume they were there to point tourists in the right direction and for picture taking.

After we drove up and down the strip we headed to Town Square, a shopping area south of the city and close to the airport. We enjoyed window shopping and we stopped for iced coffee. We found an Apple Store and played with the I-pad for awhile. Then Scotty and Jim headed for an electronic store. Anne was torn, but she decided to stay with me while I shopped at Chico's! I found a pair of white shorts to buy.

It was about time to meet with my friend Carole and her husband so I called Jim and told he to wander back towards the restaurant. We all gathered outside of Borders to await Carole and Steve's arrival.

Once they met up with us we headed to California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. Jim and I had pizza and Caesar salad, Anne and Scotty had the same while Steve had fish taco's and Carole had a pasta dish, they also split a Caesar salad. Lively conversation all around the table! We had a good time and I think we've convinced Carole and Steve to join our lifestyle. :)



We almost forgot to take pictures! This is Steve and Carole. It was truly nice to meet up with my longtime online friend.
We may have to revise our travel plans. Jim has been researching the west coast and the fees to camp are very high. If any of my friends have suggestions, please contact me!
"A true friend is one who thinks you are a good egg even if you are half-cracked ~ Author Unknown"

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!