Pages

Thursday, February 5, 2009

once again I'm behind!

We're just having to much fun! LOL


Last Friday we just hung around, resting. It was nice not having plans and doing basically nothing. We just did our normal chores. I even watch all my soaps!


We did go to Carol and Fred's around 1600 for happy hour. Fred had been away on business so we got caught up on hos doings and Carol's activities. She had friends visiting and enjoyed the time with them.


We stayed late! At 1800 we heard taps from the Rio Grande Valley State Veterans Cemetery followed by the coyotes howling. It's neat to hear. We finally got home around 2030. We always have fun with this nice couple.


Saturday we got up to cold temperatures! it was 46 degrees in the house. I turned on the furnace to take the chill out! Because it was cold I thought cinnamon rolls would be great for breakfast. We had a lazy morning.


For lunch we had the tomato soup I made the other day and grilled cheese sandwiches. I spent the afternoon watching the Australian Open.


We both had an early dinner of leftovers and then showered and got ready for the 50/60's dance at the clubhouse.



Anne made 'poodle' skirts for her and Karen and they accessorized accordingly. Karen was hoping to win the bubble gum blowing contest, but alas someone else blew a bigger one.



I can't begin to tell you how much fun we had. We danced our feet off and slept very well Saturday night!



Sunday was a gorgeous day, we went for a bike ride in Bentsen State park. Didn't see much in the way of wildlife but we did run across these javalinas. Not pretty, but I guess they're necessary in the scheme of things. I think the temperature got up to 84 degrees.

We did happy hour with Fred and Carol again and once we got home we turned on the Superbowl.....what a game! highs and lows, tacky commercials and the Steelers still won!


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!