Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Garden

Another front has come through and today was a little nicer. We've been having days with temperatures in the mid nineties. I think they're setting records for high temps!

Each day we see more and more winter Texans arriving. Of course that means more of our friends are showing up!

Jim and I had a couple errands to run then we stopped in at Chili's for lunch. As usual the food was good. Even better was the gift card we had for $10 off!

I did something new today. Went to a shooting range and learned how to hold and shoot 5 different hand guns. Two revolvers and 3 semi automatics. I've never handled a gun before so this was a learning experience.

A couple days ago I took some pictures of my garden. This year I'm focusing on potted plants! Last year not much luck in the plot I had and after the freeze I don't want to try again.

this little dude was on Anne's patio.....pretty good sized walking stick!
this planter was on sale at Walmart for five bucks so I snapped it up. I have planted cilantro and parsley plants and planted seeds of summer squash, zucchini and cucumbers. Hanging from the bottom are two tomato plants

someone left this planter and I also planted it up with seeds of cucumber, yellow squash and zucchini


on the left is a hybrid tomato plant that's doing real well, I keep having to cut it back! On the right is a bell pepper



this is the orchid Sonsearae gave me for mothers day, it has put another leaf on since I got it




my pony tail palm likes it here! If the wind doesn't blow it over it should do fine here





the pot on the left contains chives and marjoram, the window box has lettuce, basil and cilantro. the small pot in the center is a Christmas cactus that I keep nursing along and the pot on the right is thyme and oregano


right before we arrived the gardener trimmed back our bushes....the rose loved it!








No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!