Pages

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

More Rainy days

Yesterday we had a beautiful sunshiny day and after several days of rainy weather everyone was out and about enjoying it.

Last Thursday Anne and I went to Ulta, a big cosmetic store. We needed tips on makeup so we both sat and had our faces made up with bare minerals make up. It was fun! We both bought some items that we just had to have!

We also went to DSW and looked at shoes, but no purchases here. I really had to restrain myself. It was a great way to spend a few hours while it rained. On the way home we decided to skip the grocery store and go out to eat. We just needed to convince the guys.

We went to Macaroni Grill and had the three course special. For $11.99 you get a salad, main course and dessert. We thought for the price we'd be getting less food, but no! We all brought food home and had another meal.

I'm not sure why, but I've been sleeping much later than normal. I do toss and turn during the night and I think that's causing me to lose sleep so I sleep later. Most mornings I also wake up with a back ache that usually goes away during the day.

Friday was another rainy day and believe me I'm not complaining. This area needs it and it sure helps green all the plants and trees. We didn't have any plans for the day so we just stayed in. Jim spent most of his day on his computer. I stripped the bed and did laundry.

At lunchtime I made a big pot of chicken noodle soup that warmed us up.

Not sure what we did in the evening.

Saturday I was up at 0815. During the night I heard rain, it's one of the nice features of living in a 5th wheel. You can hear the rain on the roof. Jim wanted to get out of the house so we went to Barnes and Nobles to have coffee and read magazines. I did manage to bring a couple home! We also stopped and picked up some groceries at HEB

We spent most of the weekend inside and eating leftovers.

Sunday we had a bit of sunshine and we went for a bike ride at Bentsen State Park. It didn't last long and once we were home the misty, gloomy day continued.

Jim and I watched the movie Australia and it was wonderful! If you haven't seen it, you should.

Most everyone spent the day outside yesterday. As I said the sun was out and I think the temperature reached the mid 80's. I did some tidying inside and took some paper recyclables down to the bins. Jim worked on the trikes. I had a flat tire and he washed three trikes and cleaned the chains and lubed them.

The Scott's and Jim and I were invited to Karen and Dave's for lunch. Karen made a big pot of chili and a strawberry cake. Both were delicious! Forgot to take my camera, but we sat outside under their awning and had a good time.

Since we had a big lunch Anne and I decided Happy Hour would suffice for dinner. We had Pina Colada's, 7 layer dip, cheese and crackers and I rolled some thin slices of salami around some sesame sticks. Kinda like a mini sandwich. Karen and Dave arrived just as we sat down to enjoy it.

We broke up around 1800 and once inside I had time to shower before Dancing with the Stars came on. Jim sat at his puter most of the evening. We also watched the show that followed dancing.

I think that's about all we've done the past few days. This morning it is foggy and damp.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!