Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lunch with Friends

Karen wanted to get rid of her chili and strawberry cake. Since Dave was helping Scotty with the boat she brought that and brats and buns down for our lunch. I made some slaw and Anne provided condiments.

We had lunch on our patio since there was a boat on Anne's patio :) What a wonderful time we had! I'm only sorry we had to leave for Jim's appointment.

He saw a doctor regarding his shoulder. He's been in pain for several months. Good news, there's nothing seriously wrong. The xray showed some arthritis but that's it. Bursitis is what the doc said and gave him a shot to ease the pain. Since we're leaving the area that's all we'll do for now. If he needs to Jim can see a doctor. We'll be back in Mission in October and we can do a followup then with the same doctor.

We didn't do much after that, just drove around, made an appointment for Boo to be groomed and then came home.

Since we had such a big lunch I didn't fix dinner. Although I got hungry around 2100 and had a bowl of my chicken soup.

We left the windows open and went to bed shortly after 2200. But we weren't allowed to sleep much! Not sure what Boo was hearing but he kept jumping out of bed and barking. I'm sure he chased it away! I did ask Anne today if she heard him and she had. I'm glad she was up and not trying to sleep.

Boo finally settled in and we all got some sleep but I slept until 0845 this morning!

After breakfast Anne and I went out shopping. We didn't need much but had fun looking in the shops. We had lunch at The Blue Shell....who knew it was a Mexican seafood restaurant!! There are several of them in the area and if you like seafood, check it out.

On the way home we saw several scissor tailed flycatchers, what a beautiful little bird.

While I was gone Jim did a lot of cleaning and kept the dishes washed all day for me. I haven't put my hands in dishwater all day! :)

For dinner we had steak and a salad. We ate outside and enjoyed the breeze and our wine. For dessert Anne brought over some lemon meringue pie. yummy!

It's a free weekend on Starz so we watched a movie tonight and now I'm doing this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!