Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

No Power!












Friday when we got up we still didn't have electricity. It went out during the night and it got a wee bit warm under the duvet so we threw it off. The day was warming up and around lunchtime it was back on. Perhaps it was a present! they do charge us for our electricity....


I did laundry, ironed and watched my soaps. Jim did chores outdoors and spent some time at the wood shop. It was nice doing chores and not getting bone tired!

We even went to happy hour at Carol and Fred's. Carol is still battling her cold but was well enough to sit out and enjoy the sun.

For dinner we grilled salmon and I cooked summer squash with onions, bacon and a handful of grape tomatoes. The only fresh veggies left in the house. We enjoyed this meal, first one I've cooked in awhile!

Our morning yesterday was dedicated to chores. I finally got my birds feeders filled and Jim put them up. Jim finally washed the truck! Be still my heart!!!! And I took pictures.....

After lunch we went shopping.....perhaps not the best idea but we needed another set of sheets and we knew we liked the ones we got last month at Macy's. They were still having a sale and I got king size sheets for 71 bucks using our Macy card. Normally we don't shop there because 150 dollars for sheets is just to much money, but on sale I can live with it. We also got Jim some t shirts at Penny's, 6 shirts for 60 bucks once all the discounts were taken off.

After we left the mall we drove up 10th street just to see what all is there. Went quite a ways north and found all sorts of shopping areas and restaurants. Which made us hungry! So we went to Palenque Grill. I had the ribs and Jim had shrimp tacos. Do not get the ribs! it's enough food to feed three people. 6 huge ribs that were delicious. I brought 4 home for another dinner. We also had a margarita chamoy. that was real tasty! it has a spicy kick to it and a pretty red color. It was a lovely meal.

Then it was off to HEB so I could get my fruits and veggies. Jim dropped me off and he went to home depot while I shopped. I was working with a list so I just got what I needed and left. Once home we put everything away and relaxed. I fed Boo his dinner and after watching Jeopardy I showered.

We had rain! I could hear thunder and we had a wee shower. Made everything smell good! We watched a bit of tv and went to bed just after 2200. I was bushed.










No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!