Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Behind Again!

Once again I'm behind in posting. I guess we're having to much fun!!

Saturday wasn't to busy, Jim wanted to make a run to Walmart and we left at lunchtime so we had a delicious lunch at Crackerbarell. He had the chicken and dumplings while I tried the chicken and rice. we both enjoyed our meals.

Because the service roads in Texas only run one way you have to go around in circles sometimes to get to where you want to go. We had passed Walmart so we had to turn around and drive back on the other side of the highway to return to it. Fortunately Walmart is on the corner so by exiting on the crossroad we could head back towards home. We needed to make another stop at Camping World.

Camping World is very small compared to others we've been in. It doesn't take long to see what they have. Jim found what he needed and we were on our way again.

Once home I put away our purchases, changed into shorts and enjoyed the afternoon. Can't remember exactly what we did. I know we watched an XMen movie that evening!

Sunday we went to Mass. Marilyn and Ed had called and said they and some friends we're attending Mass and afterwords having lunch at BJ's Brewhouse. They asked us if we'd like to join them for lunch, of course we said yes! It would be good to see them. We met them in Colorado Springs last summer. Marilyn had told us about the Mariachi Mass and I wanted to go.

What an uplifting sermon. There isn't a choir only the Mariachi Band. The Basilica of Our Lady of San Juan is quite big and I can't begin to tell you how many people were there for the bilingual service.

We met Marilyn, Ed and their friends outside. Hugs and introductions and Marilyn took pictures. You can see them if you click on the Happy Wanderers link on the left.

After mass we headed to BJ's where we met up with Ned and Sue. There were ten of us to be seated. Heinz and Irene, Kit and Jerry made up the rest of the party. And that's what we did, Party! It was fun getting to know everyone and from what I could see, everyone had a good time.

Once home we changed into shorts and Jim worked on the patio putting out our mat and anchoring it. I took a nap. The park was sponsoring a Burger Bash and we had to be there by 1700. We walked down and Carol joined us, Fred was in Houston.

Met more people but can't remember their names. At our table was Carol, Scottie and Ann, Harvey and his wife and another couple. We'll be having Christmas dinner with some of them...

Yesterday was my birthday....61, funny I don't feel 61! :) we had made plans to go to Rancho el Charco to celebrate but Fred was out of town so we'll go today.

So yesterday was just another day. I did a load of laundry, took a walk. Watched my soaps. It was quite windy and we had to put up the awning. Sometime early afternoon we closed up the house and turned on the AC. It got up to 85! Could have sat outside but no shade :(

Fred and Carol came down for happy hour around 1600 and we sat outside for a couple hours getting happy. Once the sun went down we called it a day. Sonsearae called to wish me a happy birthday and we talked for a bit but I'm afraid I was distracted a wee bit.

Did anyone watch Boston Legal? what a finale! I just started watching this show this year and I'm going to miss it.

It was 71 degrees when we went to bed last night and the humidity was up so we ran the ac. Slept quite well, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!