Pages

Monday, September 30, 2019

End of September

Did y'all have a good weekend?  We did.

Friday I did laundry and my usual chores of cooking and dishes.  But Jim made our bed.  That was mighty sweet of him.

Saturday once we both finished our breakfast routines and I did all my morning chores we went for a drive.  Our destination was a big flea market.  It's always pleasant driving in hill country.  If you check out the link I posted you'll see a video.  Reminded me of Progresso a wee bit.  The grounds are huge and some folks have storage sheds they work out of and others just have stalls.  

Though it was fun looking at other peoples junk I came away empty handed.  

After the flea market we headed out for lunch.  Ended up at Union Station Diner in New Braunfels.  Jim really enjoyed his meatloaf and mashed potatoes!  We sat at the table under the bell....I wanted to ring it!  

Back home and a quiet afternoon and evening.  Jim took a nap.

Sunday we needed a few groceries so after breakfast and my chores we headed north instead of south on Highway 281.  This also was a pleasant drive and Jim thinks this store is farther away than our usual HEB or Walmart.  Brookshire's is also a smaller store but they had some interesting items.  Came home with cinnamon roll scones...very different.

Once home again and the groceries were put away I        fixed us some lunch.  I had precooked some chicken legs in the instant pot and now it was time for the BBQ sauce and broiler.  Jim said the meat fell off the bones.  Along with that we shared some Mexican rice and steamed veggies.  

Of course it being Sunday we watched some football.  Chiefs vs Texans and Cowboys vs the Saints.  Both games were intense!

Today was just a typical day.  Jim did the black tank and I did my chores.  For lunch I fixed a stir fry of veggies.  Jim took a nap.

For the past couple days we've had some rain.  Nothing major, just little showers that tease us.  Then the sun comes out again. 

All is right in our world 





No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!