Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

It Must Be Cooler...Somewhere?

With the promise of cooler temperatures we both looked forward to Saturday.  Jim had plans to do maintenance on the truck while I just looked forward to less heat.  Forecast was for upper 80's.  

I slept later than normal for me arising just before 0700.  Jim has decided to set his alarm for 0800.  The past week the alarm would go off at seven, he'd get up, shut it off and return to bed.  He's always required more sleep than any human should need.

Red beans and rice for our mid day meal.  I did laundry, fixed the meal and did the dishes...twice!

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge

or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

23 September 2019 212 cards

These cards are for the September OSW Template.  The paper is Stampin' Up! but the gold background shape is a place card and I just put stickers on it.  Also used some Nuvo Drops.  Just wanted to make some Autumn cards because It's cooler somewhere, Right?


Of course Sunday is football day!  Unfortunately we didn't get the Saints game (we are in Texas) but in fine fashion they won.  Drew Brees, quarterback will be out for a few weeks and the team did him proud.  And I'm sure the fans loved it.  I know I did!

We did watch the Texans and Chargers.  That was an exciting game!  Both teams wanted to win and worked hard to make it so.

Jim putzed around with maintenance on the truck both Saturday and Sunday.  Something to do with a filter being washed several times and degreasing the engine.  He finished that task and the truck started...

Monday morning and he's outside washing it.....again!  Seems like he did this not to long ago.  Isn't it grand that cooler temperatures are with us?  It should find him outside more.

Sonsearae and Chris are off on a Disney Cruise.  Celebrating their anniversary and having a ball no doubt.  

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!