Pages

Friday, September 27, 2019

It’s Fall Y’all!

Not sure about you but I’m pleased the temperatures are dropping.  Still wearing shorts and sandals here. But at least I can spend some time outdoors without wilting like the southern belle I am!  Jim has also been spending time outdoors too.  Granted it’s chores that occupy him.  I’m sure he’ll find time to just sit and soak it up.  Maybe have a beer!

Had my labs done last week and just saw my doctor yesterday.  My cholesterol and A1c are better, marginally.  I really don’t want to take meds so we discussed the metformin and she agreed to my plan of stopping it.  For three months I’m going to eat my way to health!  Whole Foods Plant Based so I can stay off metformin.  Then we’ll see about the statin.  I have osteoporosis so I guess I’m doomed to take the weekly pill for my bones.  Sure don’t want that to progress any further.

The more I read and discover about eating for health the more I want to share with everyone.  Not many are interested, thinking pills will solve the problem.  Pills only address the symptoms, not the cause.  Whole food plant based means no animal products or packaged goods.  Delicious meals can be made without them.  And you'll still get all the nourishment your body needs.

I’m pretty sure if you google whole food plant based a plethora of sites will pop up.  But if you’re interested in adding more veggies to your diet start here with Dr Esselstyn.  Read up on it or ask me questions.  Going WFPB isn’t easy, I’m proof of that.  But I’m working on it!

Today I’ve done laundry.  The bed has clean sheets.  Fixed us a lunch of spaghetti, salad and steamed veggies.  I’ve discovered a yellow tomato sauce that’s very tasty.  Little bit of heat and the acidic level is lower than red tomato sauce.

Yesterday the weather station we have on the roof said it was -40 degrees outside!  I don't think The Hill country has ever been this cold. So Jim was on the roof today as he had to take it to fiddle with it.  At the moment it's working, 91 degrees outside.  While he was up there he cleared the gutters and trimmed some branches.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!