Pages

Friday, September 20, 2019

Doctor visits

Thursday I had fasting blood work and a dermatologist appointments.  Fasting blood work means no food or drink (coffee) and for that reason, first in line is better.  Since my appointment was at 1030, we left at 0700, for the drive to Audie Murphy Veterans Hospital, so I could get in line...it was already crowded at the lab. But only 20 people were in front of me.  It must have taken us over an hour to get there.  Construction and morning traffic slowed us down.  

Finally! My turn and we were sitting in the cafe just before 1000.  What a sad place for food.  I finally settled on a bare biscuit and watery grits that I doctored with salt and pepper.  When you’re hungry, anything will do.  Jim had two overdone fried eggs and a biscuit.   To be sure I could have had my blood work done at the North Central Clinic, my usual place.  Next week I’ll get the results.

Good news! In dermatology, two spots were frozen and I needn’t return for six months.  

On the way home we made a stop at Whole Foods and surprisingly didn’t buy much. Then across the street to Tuesday Morning.  I’ve read on my groups of ladies getting bargains on crafting supplies so I wanted to check it out. Sadly, the area with crafts was very tiny and there wasn’t anything I needed.  I won’t return to that particular store.
We were home around 1300 whereupon Jim took a nap and I settled in with my morning coffee.  

We had bruschetta, olives and pickled beets for our dinner.  We picked up a couple of cookies at WF and had them around 1600.  Have I mentioned Jim has discovered YouTube?  We’ve seen all The Foyles War and Murdoch Mysteries from the library.  So TV viewing is down to....nothing.  Jim watched his YouTube while I amused myself on my tablet.

Friday is bed day and I did laundry most of the morning.  Jim took out the trash and recyclables.  When he got back he tidied up the patio, fed the birds and gave them clean water

Lunch was BLT's. I had carrots and hummus with mine, Jim had a pickle and pretzel sticks.  Fake bacon from Morningstar Farms was used.

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge

or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

20 September 2019 210 cards

Just a couple of Nautical cards using Stampin' Up! papers and stamps on the first card.  The ship on the second card is not from SU.  I've had it forever




After lunch Jim took a nap.  I just quietly sat with my tablet playing games and reading.  We both had cheese and crackers tonight.  Mine wasn't real cheese, but just as fattening!

Just had a brief shower....We didn't get any rain from the tropical storm that hit Houston so bad.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!