Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Cooler Temperatures!

Finally!  Our nights are cooler, our days are cooler and I'm loving it.  I'm able to open the windows and let the gentle breeze waft through the house.  Still able to wear shorts and sandals and going out in the middle of the day is quite nice when it isn't so blazing hot.

Last Saturday we ventured out and visited Johnson City just north of us.  Very small with a population of just over 2000.  But, it is home to the LBJ Historical Park and State Park.  We only visited the the welcome center but found it informative.  We need to go back and explore.

Pecan Street Brewing is also there and that's where we had lunch.  Cold beer and good food.  

There's also a Lavender Farm that I want to visit.  Hmm, I wonder if I should wait until the flowers are blooming?  Also, it's the gateway to a bazillion wineries along highway 290.  So much to see and sample!

For some reason my Samsung phone is not syncing with this blog.  Since September 17 not one picture I've taken shows up for me to upload.  The pictures are on my phone, so I think it's a blog problem. Trust me, I've been making cards so I guess I'll have to break out my camera, find the cards and take pictures again.  I'm sure I've mailed one or two.  Unless you know the fix for this....I'll just have to do this the old fashioned way.

Jim and I are doing well.  Just the usual old people aches and pains.  His breathing is much better but still struggles a bit when doing chores.  Of course he naps most days but tries not to for a few days in a row.  What can I say?  He likes to sleep.

All is right in our world


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!