Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

VA check in

Last Wednesday I had an early date to have my blood drawn at the Palatka VA out patient clinic.  We were on the road by 0700 and made it in plenty of time.  Since it was my first time at this clinic I had to sit through an orientation and learn their system.  I even signed up for online results and information.

Jim waited in the lounge and had coffee and doughnuts, even saving me one because I had to fast for the blood work.  My hero!  I was really hungry!!!

We left there and started shopping!  I needed some pots for tomato and pepper plants and we also needed some bird seed.  We hit Lowe's and Walmart .  By this time we were really getting hungry and decided to head towards home.  We stopped at Granny's Mason Jar for a bite to eat then headed home..

Funny thing, by the time we got home it was only 1215!  It's amazing what you can get done when you get up early enough!

We spent time outside, after Jim took a nap, filling and hanging feeders and potting plants.  It's always nice spending time together.

Thursday Jim worked all day.  Safelite Auto Glass drove up from Ocala to replace the rear window in the truck and I spent most of the day doing laundry.  Jim took a marinated cauliflower salad to the pot luck while I decided to stay home

Friday was a lovely day!  Jim only worked half the day and we spent some time outside with our afternoon coffee watching the birds and squirrels

It's strawberry season here and the stores are/were selling them very inexpensively.  So I've been buying them to freeze and use in my breakfast smoothies.   Wednesday I had bought two quarts and Jim came home Thursday with a bag full (at least two quarts) of freshly picked berries that Jessica gave him....we've been stuffing ourselves with berries!  they taste pretty good with chocolate syrup drizzled on them

2 comments:

  1. That is not nice talking about that sweet stuff!!! I have to go back tot he VA next September. Blood work is on my list of things to get done but then I have to sit around and wait on the Dr. Dallas VA is not to bad but I wish I could find a clinic to go to. If you figure out how to get on line and read your file let me know. I have tried to do it but could not get it done? Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. did you use this link? www.myhealth.va.gov You also have to sign a 'permission' slip! I just saw my test results...

      Delete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!