Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2020

We've had rain

Tuesday we had a rain fest.  Starting in the wee hours there were light showers, smattering plops, thunderstorms and buckets and buckets of rain, all day.  Needless to say we didn't do much all day.  Barely got outside to check my plants.  Normal chores were done slow and easy.  I think that's the day I made vegetable beef soup.

On to more exciting stuff!  Sunday Jim asked if I wanted to go to lunch for Mother's day.  Why would I say no?  Our restaurants are opening up.  Drove up to Blanco and ate outside at a BBQ place.  It was quite tasty.  So much so Jim finished his whole meal!  I wonder if he's getting tired of my cooking???  I brought half of mine home and had it for dinner

Then we drove a meandering road over to Fredricksburg.  It was such a beautiful day and there were a lot of people out and about.  Some wearing masks others not, like us.  I took a few pitcures of the potted plants and flowers.  Such a joy to be doing something 'normal'






Wednesday was not a good day for me.  Nauseous most of the day.  Laid down for about an hour. Not sure if it's from this gall bladder issue or taking so many pain killers.  So far my June 2 surgery hasn't been cancelled.  I'm so ready to be over this!

Speaking of medical things, this afternoon I have a dermatology appointment.  Checking on my nose.  It's been a year (more than) since the cancer was removed. A previous appointment was cancelled due to the Covid virus

Jim was outside changing the water filters out, feeding the birds etc.  I just did normal chores and laid around like a slug.

Early, early this morning a storm rolled through.  Gosh it was noisy and lightening struck fairly close because Boo didn't like it and had a fit of barking, then whined to come up with us.  Can't say that I blame him.  I got up and it was only 0530....oh well.

It's after nine and the man of the house is still in bed...rough night I guess.  

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!