Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2020

Rain, thunderstorms and rivers

Our Memorial Day weekend was full of water. Not that we had any plans to go anywhere. But getting outside was iffy! Between storms I did check on my plants.  I’ve added some to the patio.  Had to dump water from the saucers.  Hope your weekend was enjoyable.

We’ve not been going out except for necessities.  Jim needed to replace a bag that he used in the truck bed for storage.  Apparently it rotted out! So we headed to Home Depot for some totes. And as long as I was there I bought some plants.  Basil, spearmint and oregano plus two flowering plants that I can’t recall the name.  I planted all five in a window box. I also planted up three small pots using seeds. But I’m thinking the seeds may have been old. Two pots haven’t sprouted. 😞 Two were parsley, flat and curly and the other chives.  We’ll see which parsley is growing soon. 



It rained hard enough to cause rivers of water going downhill.  Put gouges in the roads and Michael was kept busy rebuilding the drives around here.  Our wifi has been upgraded in the park,  stronger signals and more repeaters.  Our reception has been good enough to stream Netflix and Acorn TV.  Oh!  Dish offered this in their package, still costs the same.  If you like British TV it's fun to have.

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
30 May 2020...117 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure


These are larger cards from a Pinecone Press Kit.  I love the retro look


Using Stampin' Up! products and a One Sheet Design from Jessica Taylor I've been working on these Nautical Cards






Using some more of that Tropical pack of Memories and More from Stampin' Up!  I just love them!  So much I've ordered more! And coordintating DSP

All is right in our world...


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!