Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Great Day for a Picnic

So, what have you been up too?  Us?  Mostly hanging around and doing chores.  I'm kept busy (or not) by housework, cooking, laundry etc. And Card Making! Most days I'm not really hungry but I don't want Jim eating peanut butter sandwiches all the time so I do fix meals. Today it was Mexican rice and leftovers.  Jim had some chicken with his and we both had butter beans and Brussels Sprouts.  Sunday is clean the fridge day

Jim has been busy cleaning the outside of the rig.  From top to bottom it's clean!  Last spring he was busy recovering from the lung procedure and I wanted to hire someone to do it but he didn't want to spend the money.

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
3 May 2020...95 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

I have this pad of black and white paper and I finally decided to use some of it.  This design is pretty simple using two 'black papers'.  The card stock is Stampin' Up! Using the Daisy Punch I made the flowers


Luvin Stampin monthly kit from Wendy Cranford has me using some Tropical Papers and embellishments 


About that picnic?  Yesterday Jim wanted to go to walmart to get a couple things and I have been wanting to get out for a picnic while the weather is good.  In Boerne they have a meandering walkway along the river with benches and tables.  

So I packed a couple sandwiches, pickle, some drinks and pretzles.  Did I mention the weather was super?


Not only were the ducks enjoying the water, there were gobs and gobs of people enjoying the park!  Fishing, walking, biking, partying and in general just soaking up the freedom to be out and about.




When we pulled into a parking space we noticed people sitting in the outdoor space of Dodging Duck.  Picnic quickly forgotten as we found out we could get a table!  Several restaurants around San Antonio have outdoor seating and it was a perfect day for enjoying fresh air and people watching.  The tables were six feet apart and the wait staff were wearing masks.  I also saw a table being cleared and cleaned.  Also the menus are disposed of after each use.  They don't recycle so I brought ours home

Texas is in stage one of reopening the businesses and we are pleased to say we enjoyed our lunch.  We both enjoyed a cold adult beverage and sandwiches.  It was ever so nice!

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!