Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2020

End of May


Our journey together began on Memorial Day many years ago. We were both in the Navy and Jim did me a favor of dropping off my medical records. When he stopped by my apartment he mentioned spending the holiday weekend at the beach and I’m sure it was an afterthought but he invited me.  I did join up with him and the rest. I remember enjoying myself.  But I had duty and had to leave. I invited Jim to dinner on Monday (Memorial Day) and he came.  We enjoyed a spaghetti dinner.  We’ve been together since!  

So we celebrate two anniversaries, Memorial Day and our actual date of marriage in August.  And yes we had spaghetti!

Saturday morning we both were busy. Jim was outside and black tank duties were involved. I did some vacuuming and cleaned the kitchen floor along with laundry, dishes and our spaghetti dinner.  Shook rugs and tended my plants too.

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
31 May 2020...128 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

More of the OSW cards using Stampin’ Up! Products. Some stamping, die cutting and a few embellishments 


I think these two are my favorites. Hard to see in the picture but the background paper is just torn and flipped.  The DSP from Stampin’ Up! has designs on both sides. The rope and bow were die cut


Another OSW design from Jessica Taylor, using just 6x6 paper from Stampin’Up! I fussy cut the tulips, die cut the hello and added ribbon. Which ribbon do you like best? 


I’ve not seen my little praying mantis in days! Perhaps this huge walking stick ate him! To be fair this big guy was on the rig and no where near my plumerias.



The cicadas are singing again.  Love is in the air!

Our days are heating up and more heat is retained overnight. I can almost take a shower without turning on the hot water. Another month and I should be able to.
Today we went out.  Had lunch at Little Gretel in Boerne.  Breakfast for both of us.  I brought half of mine home.  First time at this restaurant.  Always fun trying new venues.  From there we headed out on an adventure.  Parade of homes ended today and we thought it would be fun to check out some posh digs.  First place was still closed to the public with its metal gates so we drove on.

And on and on...finally found the place and while it was nice with three bedrooms it was way to big for our needs.  No, we're not house hunting!  But it is fun to look.  Got to travel on different roads in Hill Country, always fun.

Drove home after stopping at Whole Foods.  Jim needed some cereal and I found some yummy radishes and Kite Hill Greek Yogurt on sale.  It's vegan and I love Greek Yogurt!  I'll have blueberries with it.  Cheapest visit ever!

So did you enjoy your weekend?  More and more we're opening up around here.  Hope this doesn't fuel more cases of Covid 19.

For those of you who've been in our area, the bridge is open!  South of here, crossing the Guadalupe River the bridge has been closed since we move here.  Now two lanes of traffic in both directions.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!