Pages

Sunday, May 10, 2020

Aches and Pains

Thursday night I didn’t sleep well. The issue I have with my right arm is quite uncomfortable at times.  For over a year my right thumb has been numb. I’ve dropped things and made quite a few messes. I’ve adjusted and don’t drop as often. It was suggested I use a wrist brace as this could be carpal tunnel.  It has helped. I wear it all night and off and on during the day.  But I now I often have radiating pain all the way up my arm. My elbow and shoulder are painful and I think I’ve pinched a nerve. I don’t have full range of motion and when I forget the pain reminds me of the sciatica I had a few years back.  I’ve taken a lot of Tylenol and Advil this year!

Getting back to Thursday night my arm was giving me trouble. I couldn’t lay on my right side and laying on my left side I couldn’t find a comfortable position for me and my arm.  I cannot sleep on my stomach or back because of the surgery I had many moons ago fusing three vertebrae.  

This getting older is not fun! 

Friday is sheet day and I managed to get the laundry done, dishes from breakfast and that was about it.  Lunch was stew for Jim and Spanish rice for me. Both leftovers. Not long after I was back in bed. Not sure how long, maybe an hour because I had put the last load in the dryer and I heard it buzzing when it went off 45 minutes later. Don’t think I slept but it was nice to close my eyes.

About this time my lower back on the left side started aching.  I have learned this is nothing to ignore and I associate it with my gallbladder. I know the gallbladder is on the right and in the front. But when I’ve had this back pain it was followed by the passing of a stone. No stone! The rest of the day was just me being uncomfortable and nauseous.  Jim made the bed and did dishes. 

By the time we went to bed at 2200 I was relatively pain free.  Friday night I slept well.


Saturday morning Jim slept until 10 am.  Then sat at the table in front of his laptop for three hours braking only for meals and calls of nature.  I did laundry, made the bed and fixed our stir fry lunch.  After lunch he transferred to his lounger.  Dishes for me.

We both played games, I walked to the office and Jim went for a walk.  I know the tv was on at some point....

Today is Mother’s Day and I received a lovely card from Sonsearae and Chris. They also sent me some colored pencils. Looking forward to using them.  On Sunday we clean the fridge so I won’t need to prepare a meal.  Sure would be nice to go out.

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
10 May 2020...110 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure


This is such a lovely card..simple and I like it

More tropical fun!  This card pack is full of fun images and it does make me long for the beach



I may have trouble parting with these flamingos!




How about a couple ukuleles?


All is right in our world...even if that involves aches and pains

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!