Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bube's Brewery

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away...sorry, I couldn't resist.  It's been 50 years since the Beatles hit our shores and some words and songs bring back memories.  Whether you liked, loved or hated them, John, Paul, George and Ringo changed and touched upon many facets of our lives.

But getting back to yesterday, we headed to Mount Joy so we could have lunch at Bube's Brewery. Jim chose this I assume because he read the history of the establishment.  It happens to be the last one of it's kind standing!  We drove highway 30 east, crossing the Susquehanna River at Columbia.  The river sure is wide but looks shallow.  Where we crossed I didn't see any river traffic.  We followed the river road through Marietta getting turned around looking for the post office.  Didn't find it, but we were treated to a lot of wonderful architecture in the shops and houses.  

Jim finally talked to Ethyl and she pointed us towards Mount Joy via Donegal Springs road and the brewery.  As we drove done the street we passed a post office!  I'm sorry I didn't have my camera as the whole complex needed to be photographed.  Check out their website to see what I mean.  Tall brick building with colorful doors and woodwork and inside full of nooks and crannies that I wanted to explore.  Alas, no tours were being given.

We sat in the biergarten, second table from the left.  The space was lovely, with all the potted plants and trees, circular brick paths and the perfect weather.

Jim had a cheesy sandwich and I ordered a Philly.  My sandwich was good but it tasted like any other Philly I've had...nothing special.  We both had beer of course.

On our way back home we stopped at Sam's Club to pick up a few things.  We like getting our trash bags there along with their brand of facial tissues.  We have the room to store some stuff and buying in bulk saves money.  I also picked up some groceries too.  Sure don't want to run out of food!

Once home we put away our purchases and Jim napped on the bed while I snoozed on the lounger.  Then it was time to feed Boo and have our afternoon coffee.

Do you get the channel FYI?  Last night they premiered a new show, Tiny House Nation.  Interesting show about living small.  The folks showcased live in a smaller space than ours!  You can see the full episode here.  I look forward to seeing more of these shows.  We still get strange looks because we live in this rig.  Those with big houses can't figure out why!

Today was a day of rest for at least one of us.  I did more laundry and I'm almost caught up.  I made some fried rice for my lunch then I defrosted the freezer and I still need to fix dinner.  

I did manage to watch some TV between chores.  Several episodes of I Stop for Flea Markets was on.  I love going to flea markets but I can't see me redoing furniture to sell or use.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!