Sunday, December 22, 2013

Still without a wash machine and St Augustine

Wednesday was a very long day...we waited and waited and 1500 I'd given up hope of seeing the repairman come.  But he did finally show up ad replaced the board and ran a cycle...everything was good!

After he left Jim put a sheet in the washer and it did wrap itself around the spindle but perhaps he just loaded it wrong.  

John and Kathy came over around 1630 bringing some pumpkin bars to enjoy with our coffee.  We chatted for awhile and when they left I made Mexican Rice Soup for our dinner.

Thursday morning I had an appointment at 0800 with the VA so I was up and out the door by 0730.  Nothing serious, I just wanted to talk to a dietitian about my 'odd' diet.  I'm not a total vegan but I'm trying!  Meanwhile I wanted to make sure I'm getting the nutrients I need.  I kept a food log for five days and we discussed that and the types of food I eat. I learned some new stuff and have a better idea of what I need to do to stay off medication for diabetes and high cholesterol.

I was home by 0930 and I did a load of laundry and all was good.  

After lunch the four of us headed to St Augustine.  Kathy and John had never been so it was fun showing them around.  We never tire of the old city and the shops.  Each time we go we discover something we haven't seen before.  I bought some hot sauces at the Pepper Palace. If you like hot sauces this is the place to see!  There are so many I don't think I could try all of them in my lifetime...

We parked at the Fort but they wanted to see it another time.  The day was gorgeous and the bay was chock full of boats coming and going.

There were Christmas decorations scattered about 

This stag horn fern caught my eye and you can almost see it to the right of the door in the picture below

We ended up having a bite to eat at Pizzalley.  They were handing out samples of pizza and we all wanted more!

One of the reasons we went to St Augustine was to see the Christmas lights.  We had to move the truck or take a chance on getting a ticket.  Since we had time to kill before sunset and the train ride we drove over to Anastasia Island and showed them the lighthouse and drove through the State Park

In one of the parking areas we came across some Wood Storks that didn't seem to mind us taking their picture.  As we were leaving the sun started sinking behind the trees and I was able to capture this picture

We still have some flowers blooming here in Florida

The train ride was fun, there are lots of lights to see and we sang along to Christmas songs and had a good time wishing everyone a Merry Christmas.  When we finally got back and into the truck we decided we needed a pit stop before driving all the way home. We found a fast food place and took care of that and Jim and I bought some coffee.

Once home we just relaxed and settled in for the evening.

I should mention that Thursday was a warm day with very little wind.  Friday was pretty much the same just a little warmer

I did a load of laundry Friday morning and it didn't spin or drain properly.  So we put in another call and he said he'd order a motor and new board and try to get it repaired before Christmas.  I am not fond of having to schlep laundry!  Oh well ....

82 days

  • 7,161,826 seconds
  • 119,363 minutes (rounded down)
  • 1989 hours (rounded down)
  • 82 days (rounded down)
  • 11 weeks (rounded down)
Posted by Picasa