Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Recipe Wednesday--Cranberry Apple Salad

One of our fellow work campers went on vacation and brought each of us a gift when they returned. Knowing I like to cook, Becky gave me a cookbook, How About Them Apples from the Monroe's Orchard and Farm Market in Hiram  Ohio

I made this salad for our Thursday Pizza and Pot Luck gathering. Don't let the ingredients throw you, when mixed all together it is very tasty.  When I make it again I'll probably halve it for the two of us and skip the lettuce...maybe even try it with dried cherries.

Cranberry Apple Salad

2 large Granny Smith Apples
1 cup walnut pieces
1/4 cup green onions
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
3 Tbs sugar
1 head Romaine lettuce
2 Tbsp lime juice
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup oil

Chop apples.  Slice green onions.  Sprinkle sugar on cranberries (I skipped this as the cranberries I used were sweet enough).  Tear lettuce into small pieces and line a serving platter with it.  Combine apples, onions, walnuts and cranberries. Whisk together the lime juice, mustard and oil (I think less oil would work!) and pour over the apple mixture, toss well and arrange over the lettuce

If you try this, let me know how you like it!




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!