Pages

Friday, August 30, 2019

Stuffed to the Gills!

On Wednesday I had some lab work and Jim needed an X-ray.  So after breakfast we headed to the VA to get my testing done.  Unfortunately there was a long wait.  By the time we were finished it was time for lunch.  The area we were in had several restaurants to choose from.  We’ve never tried the Fish City Grill so we headed there.  A sign outside said it was voted Number 1 Seafood restaurant in San Antonio.  Alrighty then!

As we walked in we saw signs with Cajun dishes.  Looked promising.  I’ve been eating very vegan with no salt, sugar or oil.  I wish to get off my meds.  Anyway, that all fell to the wayside as I perused the menu.  A lot of classic dishes from Louisiana to choose from.  It was a hard decision!  In the end I chose red beans and rice.  There was some andouille sausage in it and I ate one slice (it was thin).  Jim had a shrimp poboy with some tangy slaw.  Of course we had beer!

As we were waiting for our meal the waitress came by with a plate of oyster nachos and asked if we wanted them, no charge, as they made to much and the pico would soften the chips.  Sure!  Yum! Although I must admit the fried oyster was hard to taste under all the pico de gallo. And messy! Not a dish to serve during a football game.  

Our meal came and I must say we were both impressed with the taste of our meals.  Just like being in New Orleans.  As we had mentioned to our waitress, it was our first time visiting she brought out a sampler of the soups they serve....more food.  Pretty tasty gumbo, jalapeño cream soup, tomato bisque, and clam chowder. Nicely presented along with two smokin hot shrimp from the appetizer menu.

We almost ate it all!  Jim finished his sandwich and we brought his slaw home.  I bought home at least half of my beans and rice.  But wait!  Jim wasn’t finished, he just had to have some bread pudding with whiskey sauce....and he ate all of it! I had a small bite. Much to sweet for me


Next stop was to get Jim's X-ray, but since it would be  a long wait he decided to skip it.  This was a test he was supposed to take, while he was coughing so bad, to see what the cause was.  So we just headed home.  Neither of us wanted to sit there.

Thursday I got the results of my lab test and they prescribed an antibiotic.  We were both up early, 0230 for me and Jim was up just after 0600.  So around 0930 we headed out to get his X-ray, then stop in at the VA to get my pills.  Success on the X-ray!  Though we did have to wait a bit.  Had to wait on my meds, but not as long (faster than Walmart!).

By now it's lunchtime but we just headed home.  Jim finished his slaw and paired it with a sandwich.  I had some Mexican Rice that was leftover

We're watching Murdoch Mysteries.  It's rather fun watching from the beginning.  Of course over the years we've seen some episodes.  For instance, we knew that the lead couple we're married.  But oh the fun leading up to the wedding!

Got the call last night, after hours, that Jim's X-ray was good.  

It's been 14 years since Hurricane Katrina struck the Gulf Coast and my thoughts are with the State of Florida as Dorian churns in the Atlantic.  Our daughters should be OK in Tallahassee but will probably be affected by rain and wind.   Jim's son William in Jacksonville  should be OK too.  Just depends on where it makes landfall and how long it stays active

Today is bed day.  My wash machine is calling!

All is right in our world


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!