Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Hot Days of August




We’ve had some pretty hot days the last two weeks.  Triple digits and our two AC units have been running constantly.  Starting around 10 am and they really struggled to keep it around 84 in the afternoon.  Today has not been as hot, at 5 pm the temperature is around 98 and the main ac has cycled off and on a couple of times.  It’s been warm at night too, upper 70’s when I walk around 7 am.

I am walking again, had to take about five days off because a week ago last Saturday I had the dubious pleasure of meeting some local fire ants.  They did a number on my left foot that made it look terrible! The bites were from my ankle down to my toes.  A couple of my toes swelled up like sausages.  I do have a pair of shoes I could wear, but it was a tight fit because of the swelling. My sandals and sneakers just made the bites worse.  If you want to see a picture, let me know! 😊 

Other than that, Jim and I are doing good.  No major problems other than staying cool.  He's still not using the cpap all night, some nights not at all.  His sleep pattern has always been off.  

Today we went to Costco and enjoyed lunch out...that is after we found a restaurant that was open!  We decided on a favorite of ours.  As we pulled into the strip mall another restaurant caught our attention, but it didn't open until the evening.   So there was a pizza place....it didn't open til evening.  Our original restaurant was just a bit further down the strip....but they moved!  Jim decided it was to far to go to the new location.  So we drove around in circles and ended up at Embers.  Jim had a small pizza and salad while I had mashed potatoes and green beans. We both enjoyed an icy cold beer.

The Library keeps us entertained. Currently Foyle's War and Murdoch Mysteries.  We do watch PBS and The Smithsonian channels.  Jim checks out the car/garage shows.  Of course as a fallback we check out House Hunters on HGTV.  We also spend time watching YouTube on our tablets.  Jim does a lot of reading.  And I make cards.

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge

or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

19 August 2019 188 cards

More of the pineapple paper used.  The stamps, ink and card stock are Stampin’ Up!



Thanks for stopping by!
All is right in our world



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!