Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Remember that Challenge?

 Jim and I have started walking again.  Our old bodies don’t move enough!  I started a week or so ago because my back was troubling me and sleeping was hit or miss.  I must say those experts are right, you need to use it or lose it.  Anyway, I’m getting a mile or so in the mornings four days out of seven.  Jim just started and he’s popping out the door every hour and getting 250 - 300 steps.  He managed over 7000 steps on Monday .  Sometimes we actually walk together!

I like to walk early, around seven in the morning.  Jim gets up at seven...

Tuesday we headed to the mall after a visit to the library.  Lot cooler there to walk.  It's about 20 miles from here so we haven't gone often.  Stopped at Panera Bread for lunch.  Instead of my usual Greek Salad I opted for the ten veg soup.  Pretty tasty though the base reminded me of Campbell's vegetable soup.  Jim had half a sandwich and French onion soup.

This morning I got in a walk of just over a mile, it was humid out and just didn't want to do a third lap.  Jim's been popping in and out about every hour.  

Do you remember Hamburger Helper?  Well that's what Jim had for lunch today.  I fixed myself a bowl of noodles with carrots, edamame and spinach.  We watched Foyle's War.

In my last post I mentioned a Facebook Challenge.  Here are the rest of the cards.

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge

or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

7 August 2019 182 cards

I've read that some gals make and send 100 cards a month.  Not sure I could do that, but I'll think on it!

All Stampin' Up! supplies.  The challenge part is pick your paper and cut it according to the template we're given.  I really had a hard time using this DSP, Designer Series Paper.  I chose it because I like it.  But coming up with the stamps to use and how to coordinate the design was the problem.  But I got er done.  Oh, I also decided to do two sets!







It's hot out there folks!  Almost four pm and it's 104 degrees and 43% humidity.  Days like this makes me wish I had a pool, in the shade.

All is right in our world



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!