Pages

Monday, August 5, 2019

Great News!

It seems like all we’ve done is fix and repair since we arrived last November.  Good thing we’ve settled here for now.  Much easier to get our medical issues (fixing us) under control. Repairs to the rig are easier when we sit in one place too!  

The medical issues are ever expanding it seems.  Great News!  Jim is finally cough free!  While in hospital he was given a low dose of a blood pressure medicine. Apparently it has a side affect of coughing for some people!  Imagine having part of your lung removed and trying to cough.  Even a normal cough can be painful.  You don’t want to even move because of the pain, so coughing shouldn’t be high on the list of things to do.  Now he’s getting back to normal (whatever that is).  The cpap is another story.  Obviously if you’re coughing all the time, wearing a mask is not fun. But even so, Jim cannot manage more than a couple of hours each night.  He can’t sleep on his back and the hard frame work of the mask is uncomfortable when he sleeps on his side.  Can’t sleep! I thought it was supposed to help.

Next month I see my medical team. First up is the dermatologist.  Follow up on my skin cancer and I’m pretty sure they’re going to see more of me.  I have a small spot on my jawline that will probably need to be removed.  Then I have labs and evaluations with my primary doctor.

Summer is hot here.  Reminds me of New Orleans but less humidity.  Overnight the humidity climbs but drops incrementally during the mornings until it’s in the 30’s.  I’ve been walking around 0700 and I’m pleased to say that Jim is joining me.  Oh do you want to know the high temperatures?  Around the 105 area.  Of course it’s a dry heat, but it’s like sticking your head in an oven. So we stay in and watch DVD’s.  Currently Murdoch Mysteries. Or Jim naps and I make cards.

Speaking of cards

Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
or shows off a tweet on the fridge
or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

For the year of 2019 I've challenged myself to 500 cards think I can do it?

5 August 2019 175 cards

These first two cards were part of a challenge using a One Sheet Wonder Card Sketch.  I belong to a Facebook Group that has a new sketch each month to challenge you to use your paper wisely.

Stampin' Up! paper and ink, but the stamps are from May May.  If you look you can see the white layer is embossed.  Again with Stampin' Up! folders




The next two are Echo Park and Stampin' Up!





All is right in our World



No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!