Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Recipe Wednesday---Insalata Fantasia

Do you exercise? I try to do something everyday but I skip more often then not.  This morning I went for a walk and boy can I feel it!  It's been awhile since I've done any walking and I didn't realize all the different muscles I'd be using.  It's still very humid here early in the morning so I had to shower when I got home.

The Tuesday after Labor Day our neighbors, Annie and Les pulled out and headed home.  They left behind a beautiful deck that Jim covets.  As soon as they left he started measuring and dismantling it so it could be placed at our house.



As I type this half of the deck is here, but he needs help with the rest of it.  Apparently screws are stripped out and dismantling the other side is difficult.  So the guys are going to help him 'carry' it over....I'll let you know how that goes.



As he was moving things around he found this little snake under the potted plants....I like snakes!


I found an interesting recipe in Happy Herbivore Abroad by Lindsay Nixon.  I haven't tried it yet but it looks very tasty!

Insalata Fantasia

3 cups chopped lettuce
2-3 radishes, thinly sliced
5 black olives
5 green olives
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup corn
lemon (optional)

Place lettuce in a bowl and top with the rest of the ingredients, squeeze lemon over and enjoy!

Now she says this serves one and it would make a fine meal...but I think you could split it with a loved one if you so desire.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!