Pages

Friday, February 12, 2010

Jim says I need to post....

What can I say? I'm lazy and when there isn't much to write about, I don't. Jim has been under the weather and he's trying to get better but I think he's trying to hard. We're not sure what it is but everyone who's had it usually gets over the worst part of it in three days. Starts with a sore throat and then sinus problems. You feel miserable for a few days and then viola, you start getting better. I sure hope that pattern continues as I woke during the night with a sore throat....

Today was Birthday celebration day. Pat and Jim both have birthdays this month so a group of us went to the Embassy Suites Remington Restaurant. On Fridays they have a seafood buffet. We had reservations for 1300 and they had a table set up for the 12 of us. We all chatted for a bit while we waited for our drinks and then we headed to the buffet. Four stations, salads along with boiled shrimp was at one station. A long table set up with hot dishes, fried shrimp, stuffed crab, stuffed flounder, veggies, rice pilaf and hot soup. There was a chef making pasta dishes that you designed and of course the dessert table.

We all enjoyed our meals and I'm sure we ate more than we needed to! Some kept saying they wanted to taste it all!!! LOL

Anne and Scotty
Diana and John

The atrium and one of the trees, it's quite a lovely setting.


The birthday boy, Jim



Karen and Dave




Pat the birthday girl and Vern





Big fountain, I could sit here and read a book easily.






Trudy and Don
On the way home we stopped at a couple stores for some ink and a strap for Jim's dulcimer. Oh yeah, I guess I should tell you, Jim's building a dulcimer from a kit. Dave and Scotty already have theirs finished.
The party continued at happy hour but I didn't go. Rum drinks, an ice cream cake, a couple pies and dishes from other folks. Apparently a LOT of people were invited to this. Jim stayed about an hour and then came home.
A quiet evening and Jim hit the sack around 2100. It was a pretty, sunny day and when I took Boo out earlier I noticed it was clear with stars popping out everywhere. It's already in the upper 40's so sleeping will be good tonight.


Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. ~Chili Davis




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!