Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

San Antonio

We arrived in San Antonio yesterday around 1600. We're at the Admiralty RV park, a favorite of ours. Any snowbirds or Valley Friends know about this place! It's a nice stop on the way south. Big city and all that goes with it.

Our stay in Ft Stockton was uneventful. When we arrived there it was during a dust storm and after driving two days in a row we both wanted to rest.

Jim did venture out to wash the truck and I went with him to pick up some groceries. Our first night in Ft Stockton we ate at the Roadrunner Cafe on the grounds of Ft Stockton Campground. The food was very good with the ribs fork tender! Mashed potatoes, white gravy, green beans, a biscuit and a slice of blueberry/pecan bread. Very filling and very tasty! We both had a glass of wine.

While here in San Antonio we plan on getting me new eyeglasses lens. My left eye has gotten worse and I've a new prescription. Near the place where I got my glasses is a Whole Food store so I'll be making a visit. They don't have one in the Valley....

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!