Pages

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Popeye's Fried Chicken

Have you ever wanted something, that once you thought of it, that's all you could think of? Well that happened to me. We were on base and I saw an an for Popeye's and we looked for it in the food court but didn't see it. Sunday I thought of it again and looked it up online. 19 places around San Antonio!

That's where we had lunch Sunday. Spicy chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy for me. Jim had chicken and red beans and rice. We both had a soda and biscuit. We ate every bite!!!! We can't remember the last time we had some and I know there wasn't one in the Valley when we left.

We stopped by the base to pick up some beer and we were headed home. Jim missed the exit so we went on to the mall. Walking after stuffing ourselves with lunch seemed like a good idea. Boy are the stores having sales. We looked at bedding at Dillards, it was marked 40% off. But we didn't see anything we wanted. Our comforter is to heavy for warm weather and it's bulky to store. I think we could use a duvet and an extra blanket for those cold nights. So we're shopping around trying to find something we both like.

Once home Jim found some movies to watch and that's what we did the rest of the afternoon and evening. Can't remember the name but both of them were back to back movies and all they did was advertise the third one coming to a theater soon...

The weather finally turned warmer and mid morning on Monday the clouds went away. I think it was in the mid 70's. That was nice, Jim was back in shorts and not complaining about the cold.

Monday I stripped the bed and washed the sheets. Did two other loads of laundry too. I watched my soaps, first time in days I've gotten to see all on the same day.

There aren't a lot of people here at Admiralty RV park. I have to check later to see how many are coming to Thanksgiving dinner. I'm making rolls and need a head count so I can make enough! I'm also taking some roasted sweet potatoes. No matter how many folks show up I'm sure it will be a good dinner shared with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!