Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2021

Rain, Rain and more rain

   We’ve had more rain. It’s Florida, it’s supposed to rain!

Monday we headed out for brunch around 1000. Jim slept late and had a dental appointment coming up. He’s a big fan of breakfast. Me not so much. While he enjoyed a Mexican omelet, hash browns and a biscuit, I had a salad. 

We had time to kill before the dentist and Jim headed to Best Buy where we proceeded to get me a new tablet.  My previous one had a few annoying problems and he was tired of me complaining I guess.  New one works like a charm but you can't use plug in ear buds.  So I had to have Blue Tooth ear buds.  Sound it super!

After the dentist we headed to Costco for a couple items, then headed home. 

Tuesday it rained pretty much all day letting up late afternoon. Not a steady downpour, just off and on. The groomer arrived and Boo got his self all dandified! He was looking pretty shaggy. Poor thing, we had to wake him up. Lately he’s been sleeping/staying in bed for 12 hours or more. Calls of nature and meals rouse him. Many days he skips breakfast.

Last week I started having a pain in my back. Not really sure the source. But poor posture or my gallbladder could be the culprits. Maybe both. All I know is it’s very tiresome. It causes sleep deprivation for both Jim and I. It seems to be easing and I slept well Tuesday night. No pain when I got up, but sitting in my lounge chair and the pain is back…


                                Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle or
Shows off a tweet on the fridge or
Saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

Total for the year, 247 cards made


Using up retired SU Paper.  This big, bold Birthday Wish stamp from Stampin' Up! makes the card simple.  I also used some matching paper on the envelopes

For a red white and blue challenge I first made this card. Quite plain and simple but I like it.  All Stampin' Up!


Same challenge but I stepped it up a bit!  Again I used all Stampin' Up! supplies.  


Wednesday I had a hair appointment and as we left the house another downpour.  We quickly drove out of it but there was evidence of rain all along our drive to the salon.  Jim waited in a patch of shade while I got my hair trimmed and styled.  The sun was out and it was starting to get steamy.

Our choice for lunch was World of Beer.  Have you ever been?  They have a lot of beer on tap and typical lunch offerings for a sports bar.  Jim got a burger and fries.  I opted for mahi mahi  tacos without the tortillas.  They served it up salad style and it was quite tasty.  I also had some tater tots...

It was raining when we left.  One more stop at Publix, where it was raining buckets but we needed coffee cream so we both braved the elements and got what we needed.  Just sprinkling when we left.

We have plans for Saturday but I think we're just staying home until then.  We've been watching the Crown and Longmire...I think they're both on Netflix.  Both are interesting 

All is right in our world




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!