Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2021

It's the season of tepid

              What's that you say?  Tepid water comes out of the tap.  Almost to the point where I won't have to turn on the hot water to take a shower.  It was handy when we lived in New Orleans.  All the water pipes were in the attic and I could do a sink full of dishes before I ran out of hot water....and I mean hot!

We're also into the hurricane season and in the past they have come ashore and laid waste to this area.  So we'll be staying on top of it.  We have trees that could be a problem.  So far today TS Claudette in the Gulf has just caused us some cloudy weather as it came ashore.

I did see my therapist yesterday and she put me through all the stretches and I passed with flying colors.  There is still some resistance in my right shoulder but with time it should improve.  But I can use my right arm without wincing in pain.  This is good!  It also means I can do normal things like taking off a t-shirt, tossing laundry with my right hand etc.  There is some arthritis and hopefully if I continue using the resistance bands it wont get worse.


                                   Handmade cards because:

No one displays an email on the mantle or
Shows off a tweet on the fridge or
Saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

Total for the year, 232 cards made

Flowering Cactus from Stampin’ Up! The colors in this set are just delightful to me. Unfortunately it’s retiring the end of this month. So if you like it, get it soon! I can help with that.


The Painted Poppies stamps makes for a nice card. So far I’ve only used this one stamp and it is a sympathy card. Every now and then you need them


Challenge card! We had to use this layout with any paper and stamps. True Love DSP is a favorite of mine, all black and white with flowers you can color. It also is retiring the end of this month. Using alcohol markers I colored the flower and leaves then fussy cut and mounted on the circular die cut card stock. Also used an embossing folder for the background layer. 

 
Using some of my Mintay Home for Christmas I made this card. A lot of detail here! Embossed paper is torn around the edges as is the main image. Embellished with random bow, bird and stars

Our rain started around 0930. TS Claudette is messing up weekend plans for some folks.  Small bursts of rain all afternoon, even a patch of sunshine.  There are still some showers being pulled up out of the Gulf.  

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!