Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2020

New Hat!

Jim had a birthday on the 15th.  Rather than go out to eat we had a low country boil cooked up in the Instant Pot.  Corn, potatoes, andouille and shrimp.  He had that for several meals while I only had it twice.  It makes a lot! We liked it, but prefer using Zatarain's Liquid shrimp boil.  Either way it was a treat for me as I shouldn't eat sausage or shrimp.

Sonsearae and Chris sent Jim this spiffy hat.  I think it's a favorite of Chris's.  Jim and I both admire the style and may have mentioned it.  A little more dressy than a baseball cap.  Sonsearae also sent two loaves of secret recipe date nut bread.  We got some at Christmas and she can't share the recipe so I told her she has to send one a month!  It's that good!


I use the original Soy creamer from Silk, it has a little sweetener and it's perfect for my coffee. Around here I can only find it at HEB. I found this Half and Half at Walmart so thought I'd give it a try...no added sugar.  It does give your coffee the creamy half and half mouth feel.  BUT!  It's full of bad fats.  So I guess I'll keep using the Original creamer.  But it is nice to know there are non dairy alternatives for cooking and baking.

  

My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
20 February 2020...32 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures


Easter is just around the corner so I've started making some cards to mail out.  Echo Park and Stampin' Up! papers and do dads from my stash.  Some Wink of Stella to add sparkle tho I don't think that shows up in the picture

Cold and rainy this morning.  Late last night we had a neighbor pull in.  Felt sorry for them having to set up in the dark.  That sympathy went away when they decided to reposition thier rig at 0600 this morning.  It was dark, it was raining and they woke me up!  Thought they were leaving but the noise kept on and on.  As my friend Ed would say...Grrr

It's 0915 and Jim is sleeping.  Turned off his alarm and snuggled with Boo then went back to sleep.

Guess I'll start on my chores, quietly so as not to disturb the sleeping giant.

All is right in our world

2 comments:

  1. Great hat! It really suits Jim!!
    (And I would have been grouchy at the 6am wake up too lol - not a great morning person :) )
    Your Easter cards are looking cute too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lisa. I'm a morning person though I'd dearly love to sleep later. Thank you for your kind words on my cards

      Delete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!