Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Green, my favorite color

It's winter again!  Woke up to 37 degrees outside and 55 inside.  Not bad but it was chilly and with the furnace and space heater going it warmed up pretty quick.  Must be cozy in here as Jim decided to turn off his alarm and go back to bed.  It's just after 0900 as I type this.

Because of our expensive January we're not venturing out much.  But we enjoyed several day of spring weather and Jim got the truck washed.  My plants enjoyed being outside more than in the compartment, where they reside when temperatures drop below forty.

I'm making sourdough bread again.  I got the starter from King Arthur Flour and fed the little dab for several days until I could make a loaf or two.  We're almost through the first loaf and the second one may remain I the freezer, just so we're not tempted to eat it!  So yummy!

When at the library, one of the DVDs we got was a season of Doc Martin.  British show and it's funny.  Do you utilize your library to get DVDs or books?  You should, it's free!  Our library has classes and teen movie nights.  Of course programs intended for children, but also some for adults.  They teach how to use the various machines they have.  Anyway, you should check out your library.  Could be a learning experience!


My goal again this year is to make 500 cards.  
5 February 2020  25 cards

Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle
Or shows off a tweet on the fridge
Or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

I found a random YouTube video that used a sketch by Julee Tilman last fall.  I printed the template which has the website and Julee's name. I made some last November with fall paper.  I've thought of this template many times but just didn't have time to research it and make more.  So today I present you with these!

I love working with bits and pieces and gluing them together.  Stampin' Up! papers which are double sided make this easy.  The only stamping is the butterflies.  I hope you like them



I look forward to making more!  I have some papers cut and ready to play with...

Did you watch the Super Bowl?  Of course we did...I do like football.  It helped that we had a team we could cheer on.  Jim is from Kansas so the Chief's were our pick to win.  And they did!  Halftime was awful, not very family friendly.

All is right in our world

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!