Pages

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wonderful News!

Yesterday while enjoying our last meal at De La Vega restaurant in Deland, Florida my lovely husband informed me that we will be leaving Welaka on March 12th...three days earlier than we had anticipated.  Can I get an AMEN?  LOL

We've been researching campgrounds on the east and west coasts of Florida.  Comparing prices and checking for 'it factors' is something we haven't had to do in over a year!   South of here the prices still reflect the season.  The snowbirds won't head north for another month or so.  But weekly rates are 'OK' and it looks like we'll travel south and hit a place on the east coast for a week then head over to Hudson, Fl on the 19th for our window repairs.  We've both agreed on the campground but no final arrangements have been made so you'll just have to wait for the location.  Don't want to get our plans dashed because there's no room for us!

Our lunch at De La Vega was delicious as usual, I had avocado rellenos and Jim had the paella. Of course we had a lovely Argentinian white wine to wash it down.  If you're ever in the area and you like good, Mexican food with a Spanish flair you must try this restaurant.  Chef Nora and her staff are wonderful and I promise you won't be disappointed.

Another bit of good news I'd like to share with you concerns my blood pressure.  Huh?  Did you know I've been battling it?  I've been pre-hypertensive for years (since the 80's) and trying to combat it with diet and exercise.  Well, not so much with the exercise, I could do better in that department. So far I've avoided medication for it.

Do you believe everything you read?  Me either, I like to read more and try things for myself.  

When Jim gave me the essential oils for Christmas I started reading up on how to improve your health with these oils and I started using several of them.  I also use Young Living's NingXia Red dietary supplement,about 2 ounces twice a day.  In this drink I put a drop of two oils (Copaiba and Ocotea) said to help with blood pressure diabetes (I'm also pre-diabetic, but that's a story for another blog).  I'm also using other oils for lowering cholesterol, diabetes and blood pressure but I don't want to overwhelm you with everything.  If you want more information I can help with that and give you sources to read up on these conditions.

Since I started with this protocol of oils I've been keeping track of my blood pressure daily.  Every morning when I get up I check it and keep track on line with the help of My HealtheVet a resource for disabled vets.  Since January 6th I've had normal blood pressure readings 10 times.  Three in January and seven in February.  For the last three days I've been in the normal range.  Hopefully this is the start of a trend for me!

I will continue doing all of this as I can while we travel.  Mail and package delivery being what it is for full timers I may not get supplies when I need them.  I won't be able to have my numbers checked for cholesterol or diabetes until I'm near a VA facility which might not be until next December when we get to Kerrville, Tx for the winter.

I will blog about my blood pressure once a month so I won't bore you with my journey.

If you are interested in reading more about using essential oils, for what ever ails you, I can send you to a website so you can research it.  Just let me know!

If you want to purchase anything I've mentioned just click here.  Thank you for your purchases!

17 days


  • 1,468,800 seconds
  • 24,480 minutes
  • 408 hours
  • 17 days
  • 2 weeks (rounded down)


No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!