Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

travel plans

Jim spent a lot of time being turned down yesterday.  We had some campgrounds picked and when he called he was told no vacancy....bummer.  Those snowbirds just don't want to leave Florida!  I can't blame them, would you want to drive back to any of the northern states this time of year?

After more researching last night and a few calls this morning he finally found a campground with a site for us.  The Chassahowitzka River Campground is on the west coast of Florida below Homosassa and north of Hudson.  It looks very nice and we may stay longer than the week we've booked because we want to explore the area.

I got a haircut this morning.  You should have seen what my hair was doing!  I had this great big curl on top of my head that reminded me of a 40's hairdo, kinda like this picture, only my hair didn't look nearly that good!



Nor is my face as pretty!   LOL

Spring is coming, spring is coming!  The past couple of weeks I've seen Robins everywhere and the last couple of drives we've taken I've seen flowering trees.  I know some trees are leafing out too and soon everything will be green again.  Are you seeing signs of spring where you are?

16 days

  • 1,398,497 seconds
  • 23,308 minutes (rounded down)
  • 388 hours (rounded down)
  • 16 days (rounded down)
  • 2 weeks (rounded down)


4 comments:

  1. No signs of spring here. We have had some warm days but the nights remind us that winter is still around. Sure wish we come to Florida and enjoy some of that spring time weather but we have to stay and finish up the projects we have going on the house. We will be leaving in March to enjoy the new RV for some time but wont have time to drive to Florida.
    By the way I want you to know that I don't look like Brad Pitt but I have a lot more going for me than he does...Hey! your in Florida...retired and enjoying life...what more could you want!!!!

    Joe and Sherri and Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are enjoying our life and our stay in Florida has been great for seeing family more often.....but we need to move on!

      Delete
  2. Linda, I wanted to thank you for your recent couple of comments on my blog. I usually try to find out something about new commenters and here I find out you are in the area. Have you been to Blue Spring? Looks like I'll have to read back to see what you've been doing this winter. How about a before and after post like David did recently. Did you see it??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. while staying in Welaka we made a day trip to DeLand and then to Blue Springs. Wonderful area! I love reading about your hikes and paddles Sherry

      Delete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!