Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Update on Boo

Once again the day started with sunshine and not a cloud in sight.  It's a pleasant way to start the day.  After I opened the door and blinds and settled in with my coffee I turned on my phone and for over an hour I tried to get online.  It said I was connected but could not get internet on my laptop.  Turn this off, turn that off....turn back on, reboot.....Success!  Third times a charm.  It's a good thing I'm retired and getting online isn't a priority...

I woke Jim at 0800 but he didn't get up.  He snoozed another 45 minutes or so...I guess he earned it working two days in a row.

After breakfast we both got busy with chores.  Jim worked outside, dumped the black tank and did some yard work.  I made the bed, did dishes and a load of laundry.  From outside Jim cleared some lint from the dryer vent and inside I cleared more using the vacuum.

I then prepped some veggies for our stir fry dinner.  Chopped onions, celery, red pepper, garlic, broccoli and mushrooms. I wasn't sure how long we'd be at the Vet for Boo's appointment at 1600.

After lunch I snoozed on the lounger.  Jim was stretched out on the bed after his shower, trying to cool down.

Boo is resting comfortably right now.  He got a shot to clear up an infection from the spot he licked raw on his leg.  And another shot to kill his desire to lick! After he ate his dinner we gave him a flea pill, comfortis.  Hopefully this medicine will deal with these Florida fleas!  Tomorrow he starts taking temaril, another medicine that helps with allergies.  I'm hoping this one won't be a long term medicine.  Our other Yorkie, Jake started taking it and every time we tried to stop it he started back to licking his feet.

We also have to give him fish oil or flax oil for dry skin.  I'm not sure he has dry skin but I'll try anything to keep him from scratching all the time.  Of course with the prescribed bathing twice a week he may need it!

Have you seen any of the Doomsday  programs?  We're checking them out tonight and I find them interesting.  So many people think the government will be there to help in case of  a disaster.  After Hurricane Katrina flowed through New Orleans, I'm not so sure we should rely on the government.  Cell towers were down, so no cell phone service and no one could talk to anyone.  Land lines were affected too.  City officials didn't have a plan and no one was in charge.  In case of emergency you must rely on yourself in the midst of chaos...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!