Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

all set up for the winter

Well, not much is going on here. After the flurry of arriving and greeting friends we've settled in for the winter. Jim has been doing some work around the resort but he doesn't officially start work camping until the 15th. Jim, Al and Eric will be the three working 5 day shifts. They'll assist with parking and making sure, day to day, that the resort is running smoothly. They'll take care of minor problems and alert the manager to problems they can't handle.

Our outside patio is set up but I'm still having a problem with noise when the wind blows (and that is almost 24/7). It wakes me up at night. The lights still need to be put up and I'm sure Jim will get to it soon.

I'm not sure why but we have a problem with mosquitoes! Everyone knows about the drought in Texas but apparently not this area. Sitting outside is impossible even with the breezes we have here.

I've been having trouble with my left eye and finally had them examined. There appears to be a problem with my retina and next Monday I'll see someone at the VA eye clinic. On the other hand, my prescription hasn't changed!

There you have it. When we come here it's like living in any neighborhood. We have happy hours, sometimes we party but mostly we hang around and do pretty much nothing

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you are set up for the winter. My wife (Cindy) & I (Larry) will be spending our winter just up the road from you in Bentsen Grove RV Resort, which is just across the railroad tracks going south on Bentsen Palm Drive. We will arrive sometime before New Years and will be staying 3 months. We are just Winter Texans who run from the winter. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!