Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

early to bed, early to rise!

I went to bed around 2130 last night and read for awhile. Jim came to bed around 2200 and the weather was perfect for sleeping. I slept well but I was out of bed shortly before 0600. Not much going on at that hour and it was cold and dark.

I made my coffee and turned on my computer. As darkness turned into dawn I couldn't help but notice a nice glow in the eastern sky. I grabbed my camera and took these pictures




Sure was a pretty sunrise!
Jim got up around 0800, just like normal. After he had some coffee he headed out for a walk with Dave. I did the dishes and made the bed. When Jim returned he headed over to the wood shop to make a music stand or two. He did pop home for lunch having skipped breakfast!
I made a pot of pea soup, but that doesn't take long. After lunch I did a bit of dusting. When the Texas winds blow the grit comes in! Watched my soaps, read some magazines and did two loads of laundry.
After my soaps were over I made some coffee and joined Jim outside. He played some on his dulcimer and decided my coffee smelled good and made himself a cup to drink.
We shared our pea soup with Anne and Scotty. I made some biscuits to go with it. After we ate we did some planning on our trip westward.


I have found out that there ain't no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them. ~Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!