Pages

Monday, November 20, 2023

Change is a Good Thing

Did you notice? I changed the title to this blog.  We no longer travel and since the content is mostly my cards I thought it was time for a change.  I'll continue to keep ya'll updated on us because that's why I originally started this blog, to keep family and friends updated on where we were and what we were doing.  I hope you'll continue to follow along! 


This time of year we can get some spectacular sunrises and sunsets.  I'm usually up early enough to see the sunrises.  The roof line you see is the hotel that this campground hides behind.  No affiliation but if you want to visit us it would be convenient!


We needed new bedding and we like sleeping under quilts.  Jim picked this design and it goes well with our 'décor'.


Yesterday we celebrated Thanksgiving with Sonsearae, Chris and Louie!  Jim is scheduled for some tests on Wednesday and may not be up for a feast on Thursday.  Sonsearae went all out! 

 We had Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, yeast rolls, canned cranberry sauce from a can for Jim.  Because I try to stay fat free she had sides that were meant for me, like potatoes with no butter, gravy made with no fat (onions and mushrooms!), stuffing with no sausage.  Like I said she went all out.  

We served ourselves buffet style and sat down at the table for our dinner.

We stuffed ourselves, cleaned up the mess (mostly her) and then we went to World Market while the guys snoozed watching football.  Once we returned we had coffee and pie.  Pumpkin with whipped cream and cherry<<<my favorite.


We barely made it home before dark but we were treated to an exquisite sunset!  I kept watching as the fiery red ball sank and managed to get this shot.

Perfect way to end the day


Handmade cards because:

                          No one displays an email on the mantle
                             or shows off a tweet on the fridge
                      or saves a Facebook post in a box of treasure

                                          Total for 2023

                                                  497

Earthen Elegance and our new Deckled Circle dies from Stampin' Up!


Earthen Elegance stamp with Pretty Peacock on Basic White card stock.  Difficult to see but I embossed some lines down the left and across the bottom.  Matted with Pretty Peacock card stock


This All About Autumn DSP is a favorite of mine.  Layered the DSP on Mossy Meadow cardstock. This was a template challenge card


These cards were made using the Beary Christmas Memories and More card pack. It includes pre-printed panels that make for quick cards! Beary Christmas DSP and Real Red cardstock for the matting


See what I mean?  All About Autumn DSP is perfect for this time of year.  One thing I do miss about living in the south.  Autumn is gorgeous up north!  So I make cards with pretty paper for me to enjoy


I hope your Thanksgiving is shared with loved ones.  Stuff yourself if you must!

All is right in our world


I am an Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator. 

Showing how to make quick and easy cards. 

To order a catalog

Follow me here or on Facebook:  Card making with Linda for more detailed instruction. 

To place an order, head over to my website to view the digital catalogs

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!