Pages

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Cold Weather

Are you tired of the cold weather?  It seems the whole country has experienced colder temperatures this winter and I really can't complain.  Obviously we have to use the furnace more, wear socks and long pants, cover the tropical plants when freeze warnings come along.  Oh, we had to dig out our heavy coats too!  But no snow or temperatures that can't be handled.  Every now and then we grumble about staying inside to stay warm....but even that is minor compared to the northern tier of states.


This picture is from a year ago and I hope it makes you smile. As we travel from place to place to occupy our days we are treated to various farm fields being harvested (cabbage, cauliflower, leafy greens) and planted.  This winter weather brings us more rain than snow and the evidence is seen in the newly planted fields.  A year ago we marveled at spring unfolding and I'm looking forward to seeing that again. 

Last November I bought myself a Fitbit Zip and it's fun to watch my steps add up each day.  But I am not active enough to make 10,000 a day!  If you have one let's link up online!  Maybe competition will help motivate me.

I've seen some Robins this past week, does that mean Spring is on the way?  What's the weather like where you are?  Another cold blast is headed out way...I guess I better put my socks on!

47 days

  • 4,060,800 seconds
  • 67,680 minutes
  • 1128 hours
  • 47 days
  • 6 weeks (rounded down)

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!