Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!

I hope this new year is a good one for all of my readers!

Late morning on Tuesday we headed out to Flagler Beach for some ocean time and lunch on the beach.  I can't think of a better way to start the new year.  Traveling and eating out is something we both enjoy




as we were driving south with the Atlantic Ocean on our left and homes and businesses on the right we noticed a Pirate House!  I said I needed pictures so we made it a point to stop and I took several pictures but I don't want to bore you with all of them


Just an ordinary house but someone when to a lot of trouble to hoist all the figures up on the roof and chimney!


It was a beautiful, sunny day and some folks were enjoying the beach.   In summer I'm sure it's packed with wall to wall beach goers.  For now it's peaceful with just the sounds of the waves and seagulls
 


Only saw a couple surfers.  Jim and I didn't think the waves were big enough to surf but they did manage to catch a few
 


We had lunch at Oceanside Grill and Bar.  Nice place with outside seating if you want to look at traffic whizzing by or the parking lot.  We sat inside and discovered our Verizon cell service was nonexistent!  We asked our waiter and he said his phone didn't work either and he thought it was the CBC building and the re-bar used to strengthen it

Our meal was good.  Jim had breakfast that included a Belgium waffle, an egg and two sausage patties.  I opted for a Philly steak sandwich....fell right off the plant based wagon!  But it was so gooooood!!!!  We both had a draft beer
 


We didn't stay long on the beach but it sure was nice and I'm sure we'll come again
not sure what he was digging for but he was having a good time doing it!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Looks great to me. I would love to be down there building a mote around my castle.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!