Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

I had a very nice Mother's Day, thank you very much. Sonsearae sent me a gift and I waited until I got up yesterday to open it! She gave me a wireless keyboard for my iPad. It works pretty good as long as Boo isn't in my lap. :)

After lunch Jim and I went to Art in the Park in Foley. We strolled the booths and saw some crafts, jewelry, art and plants. The gnats were awful and the heat got to me so we left and headed to Gulf Shores. After driving up and down Perdido Beach Blvd. we settled on Wintzell's Oyster House for some seafood and a cold beer. I splurged and had fried shrimp! It was very tasty and I brought at least half of the shrimp home for Jim to enjoy (he did for lunch today). When we were greeted by our waiter he asked if I was a mom, of course I replied yes and he wished me a Happy Mother's Day. Just before our ticket came he brought out a piece of bread pudding for me. I've never had bread pudding before, it doesn't even sound good, but I ate some of it sharing it with Jim, who loves it. Jim said this was a good one!

We stopped at Lowe's on the way home but didn't buy anything. Once home I fed Boo, folded some laundry and took a nap! It seems the older I get my tolerance for beer becomes less. I just want to nap after one beer!

Unfortunately while I was napping Sonsearae called and I missed it....but I have saved it so I can hear her voice anytime I want

Today Jim did some outside chores and cleaned the windows inside. I did my normal chores of bedmaking, dishes and cooking. The afternoon was spent staying cool, our afternoons are heating up and with the humidity staying inside is best for me.

Dancing with the Stars is on while we both spend time on our computers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!