Pages

Monday, July 5, 2021

4th of July Weekend


 So what did you do to celebrate?  While I like the pretty fireworks I don’t like the smell or pollution they cause or the potential for fires.  And what about all the animals terrified by the noise? We’ll stay home and protect Boo and our property.   We did enjoy some time with Chris and Sonsearae.  They were making food for their evening with friends (we were invited but declined).  Brisket and BBQ chicken.  A vinegar slaw for said brisket.  I arrived with some small Cajun potatoes.  Sonsearae also set out a meat and cheese platter.  We didn't go home hungry!  We watched Capitol on the Fourth on PBS and I must say I was disappointed.  Pre recorded musical segments and I missed the Boston Pops!

It was noisy around here once it got dark.  The folks across the street set off some noisy fireworks.  Some of them quite loud and Boo was nervous....Around ten pm it did get quieter and we went to bed around ten thirty.  Boo was sleeping.  Then round two started.  Loud booms woke me and I could hear Boo pacing.  I brought him up to our bed and he finally settled down.  But once again something loud woke me...mind you Jim was sleeping and wasn't much help.  Boo and I came down to the living room and for about thirty minutes we waited and listened.  He finally fell asleep and I went back to bed...twelve thirty am.  Slept until seven am!

We’ve had rain most every day this week.  This must be the rainy season!  Elsa seems to be headed out way but right now it's a wait and see situation.


                                                 Handmade Cards Because:

No one displays an email on the mantle or
Shows off a tweet on the fridge or
Saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures
Total for the year, 301 cards made

These are the cards I made for the 4th of July.  Mailed them out a week ago


Some more cards using the June Echo Park kit


Stampin' Up! has a beautiful You're a Peach suite of paper and stamps with which I made these cards.  Using the July template from Craft Al I present you with 12 mini slimline cards! Six each of Birthday and thank you cards because always need them.


For card makers July signals the Christmas holiday.  It's seems no matter if you send just a few or hundreds, you're never ready when Christmas rolls around.  So we start making cards in July.  This was in my stash and I used these for a challenge.  It's all Stampin' Up! from a couple years ago.  I still have some of the paper...you may see more of it!


After not sleeping well last night we've had a lazy day.  So lazy, Jim took a nap.  Normal chores for me.  I just did them slowly.  Plenty of food in the fridge so I didn't have to cook.  Another rainy afternoon and now the sun is out.  Perhaps we'll have a pretty sunset later.

All is right in our world




No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!