Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

I’ve Been Busy

These first couple of weeks of February has mostly kept us home. Temperatures might be about the same as Spring Branch Texas at this time of year. But there are a lot more rainy days here. Couple that with chilly temperatures and Jim hunkers down. 

For some reason I’ve been getting up before 0600 most days. And if I try to nap it doesn’t work.   By 1500 I'm low on energy.  It does mean I can work on my cards because Jim doesn't get up until 0800.  I can make a mess and have it cleaned up before he awakens.  I craft on the kitchen counter.

Handmade cards because:
No one displays an email on the mantle or
Shows off a tweet on the fridge or
Saves a Facebook post in a box of treasures

In the month of February
 I've made 25 cards thus far

Sand and Sea from Stampin' Up!  This paper is so pretty! I may have to get more.  The card second from the left is an easel card and the 4th card is a Dutch door


These 9 cards are made with a template from Crafty Al.  It's so relaxing to have the instructions and just assemble the cards.  This paper is from Stampin' Up!


Berry Blessings from Stampin' Up! is beautiful, so far I've only worked with the blue papers so stay tuned for some reds and purples!

 

From an old Paper Pumpkin kit these cards came together quickly as I'd already worked with it before


Sand and Sea again. It's hard to see but the vanilla like paper is shimmery. Perhaps you'll get this from me and you'll see for yourself


Using up old SU paper.  You never have to many birthday cards!


Had some sunshine today...quite nice after two days of rain and fog.  During a storm the other day lightening fried our modem.  Fortunately Jim was quick and reported it and we had a tech out the next day.

Since arriving here last November we've been without our ac's.  I can't begin to tell you about all the delays it getting them repaired.  Parts....it seems getting parts is the problem.  Well they have the parts and hopefully the rain will hold off and repairs will be made Sunday.  The storm the day our modem was fried they were supposed to come out.

All is right in our world

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by...love to hear what you have to say!